Wednesday 29 June 2011

Rachelle Jeanty - Higher Ground


Immediately after Sahasrara 2011 I came across a very interesting album. Vow – I remarked silently short afterwards I had a look into the song-list inside the booklet. This young singer Rachelle Jeanty surprised me very pleasantly by songs taken over from the bands of the 70s – the Beatles, Supertramp, Simon and Garfunkel. When I heard her dense and rich voice, I just sat down and listened carefully. The singer of such an expression appears only rarely. Rachelle managed to create something amazing and vocally strong out of songs which she took over. As if she brought more energy of those 70s and unrepeatable atmosphere of those times into my room. I contacted Rachelle by e-mail and asked her a few questions.

read more on Sahaja Yoga Radio Blog

No comments: